Move2Learn Grant Partners Announced
We’re so pleased to announce our 2020-2021 Move2Learn Grant Partners, a program that provides funding to Alexandria City Public Schools’ educators for fun and interactive programs that promote physical activity, giving kids the best opportunities to thrive during the school day.
Because we know that’s essential for academic and social development. And with school starting out virtually this fall, the challenge — and need — is greater than ever. Some of the awards are meeting immediate at-home needs, while others are preparing classrooms and hallways for when kids return.
This year we had a record number of awesome submissions and awarded the most funding ever directly to ACPS. We’re excited to see the creative ways that teachers and administrators around Alexandria are sparking happier, healthier, learning-ready students. RunningBrooke is grateful to our generous donors who make these grants possible, and we’re proud to support game-changing initiatives that engage kids in creative and active learning to have the greatest impact.
The selection process wasn’t an easy one for our grants committee, and without further ado, here are the results!
RunningBrooke’s 2020–2021 Partners
- Charles Barrett Elementary (Helping Students Move Using Green Screen for Virtual Learning)
- Cora Kelly School for Math, Science and Technology (Cora Kelly Movement Matters!)
- Ferdinand T. Day Elementary (Trailblazers ARE Brain Boosts for Virtual Learning)
- James K. Polk Elementary (Sensory Walls and Paths and Virtual Learning Movement Kits)
- Jefferson-Houston Elementary (Bicycles in the Schools and Get Jefferson-Houston Moving)
- Samuel W. Tucker Elementary (Feel the Beat for Virtual Learning)
- T.C. Williams (The Mathematics of Fitness (for virtual learning), Mental Health Support Through Movement and Kinesthetic Learning for Drivers Ed)
- William Ramsay Elementary (WRES StoryWalk, William Ramsey Movement Matters! and Odyssey of Adventure)