RunningBrooke’s Move2Learn Grants Program provides funding to Alexandria City Public Schools’ educators for fun and interactive programs that promote physical activity, giving kids the best opportunities to thrive during the school day. Science shows that getting regular exercise and movement is essential for academic and social development.
In partnership with our teachers and administrators, RunningBrooke–
- Designs and delivers Kinesthetic Classroom Equipment
- Installs sensory/educational hallways to cultivate kinesthetic learning for children of all ages
- Establishes before- and after-school movement programs
- Provides materials supporting math and language arts learning through movement
- Funds large movement equipment such as life-sized building blocks that get students moving while learning, stationary bikes that students can ride while they read and learn and standing desks
For more information, please contact Jen Wiser at firstname.lastname@example.org