What are Move2Learn Grants?
RunningBrooke’s Move2Learn Grants provide funding to Alexandria City Public Schools’ educators for fun and interactive programs that promote physical activity, giving kids the best opportunities to thrive during the school day. Science shows that getting regular exercise and movement is essential for academic and social development.
Here are a few examples of the kinds of programs we fund.
Move2Learn Kinesthetic Classroom Packages
Designed by RunningBrooke, our kinesthetic classroom packages promote focus and concentration and squash time-consuming disruptions for students who need to keep moving to learn their best.
For the 2021-2022 school year, we created three exciting packages for teachers to chose among for their classrooms. All of these items are singular and can be safely used under Covid restrictions.
Move2Learn Partner Grants
Our Move2Learn Partner Grants provide up to $7,500 to ACPS teachers and schools to fund creative and impactful proposals. These grants fund a variety of programs, including:
- Stationary bikes for use in our Pedals and Pages program that allows kids to read and bike at the same time;
- Standing desks;
- Sensory/educational hallways;
- Before- and after-school fitness programs;
- Classroom movement packs;
- Running shoes;
- Swimming lessons for 4th graders at the Chinquapin Recreation Center pool;
- Teaching bike riding skills to 3rd graders;
- And several other great programs.
Together with our ACPS partners, we served nearly 4,000 students in the 2020-2021 school year.