We’re excited to announce our that our 2021-2022 Move2Learn Grant Applications are NOW OPEN!
Apply HERE for a Kinesthetic Classroom Package!
Apply HERE for a Partner Grant!
The Nuts and Bolts
RunningBrooke’s Move2Learn Grants provide funding to Alexandria City Public Schools’ educators for fun and interactive programs that promote physical activity, giving kids the best opportunities to thrive during the school day. Science shows that getting regular exercise and movement is essential for academic and social development.
To make the greatest impact possible, we have 2 exciting opportunities this year for ACPS teachers and schools:
1. Move2Learn Kinesthetic Classroom Packages
Kinesthetic classrooms promote focus and concentration and squash time-consuming disruptions for students who need to keep moving, plus it’s fun! In a study out of Texas A&M, they have been shown to increase engagement and efficiency by 15-25% in students.
We’ve created 3 exciting packages that teachers can choose among. Check them out here. All of these items are singular and can be safely used under Covid restrictions.
The application process is simple! Just tell us why a kinesthetic classroom is important to you and how it will help your students become better learners.
This application closes on May 31, 2021 and packages will be awarded by June 15th. Apply here!
2. Move2Learn Partner Grants
Movement throughout the school day promotes focus and concentration, and squashes time-consuming disruptions for students who need to keep moving to keep learning. Teachers know best, and here, you can tell us what you need most for your classroom and school!
Our Move2Learn Partner Grants provide up to $7,500 to ACPS teachers and schools to fund creative and impactful proposals. Incorporate movement to facilitate learning – think sensory hallways, before-school fitness programs, classroom movement packs, or your great idea! We encourage teachers and administrators to apply for initiatives spanning multiple classrooms, grades or schools.
This application closes on June 30, 2021 and grant awards will be announced by July 31st. Apply here!
We recently held a Professional Development training on the grants application process, which we recorded. We’re sure you’ll find some helpful nuggets if you speed through!
Past Grants in Action
Together with our ACPS partners, we served nearly 4,000 students in the 2020-2021 school year.
In partnership with our teachers and administrators, RunningBrooke has:
- Installed sensory/educational hallways to cultivate kinesthetic learning for children of all ages.
- Established before- and after-school movement programs.
- Provided materials supporting math and language arts learning through movement.
- Funded small movement equipment such as stability balls, flexible seating, standing desks, wiggle cushions, stretch bands, heart rate monitors and yoga and fitness decks.
- Funded large movement equipment such as life-sized building blocks that get students moving while learning, stationary bikes that students can ride while they read and learn and standing desks.