As RunningBrooke continues to grow and evolve, our board of directors does as well. We’re so pleased to welcome five new board members from the Alexandria community who bring with them unique and diverse perspectives. This helps us carry out our mission to level the learning field in a broader, more inclusive manner — to better serve students and staff of Alexandria City Public Schools.
The five new members are:
- Nicole P. Jones — CEO and founder, Nicole Jones Coaching
- Nicole McGrew — Founder, Threadleaf
- Bryan Montgomery II — Physical education teacher, Dr. Henry A. Wise High School, Upper Marlboro, MD, and Keller Williams Real Estate Agent, DMV
- Lucresha C. Murphy-Tate — PARKnership manager, Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities
- Chris Suarez — Attorney, Steptoe & Johnson and former Alexandria City School Board member
Four of the five joined us in person for a small year-end RB gathering, so it was nice for staff and other board members meet them! Pictured here left to right are Nicole J. Nicole M., Lucresha and Chris. Bryan was unable to make it, but he was there in spirit and is also pictured below. Welcome everyone!